You can now sign up for Go Play Manchester IV, Sunday 26th May 2019 and choose the game you want to play.
1. Review the available games.
2. Fill in and submit the following form, and enter your 1st and 2nd choice of games.
3. Notification of who is booked into what game will be published on Friday, 24 May, before the event on the website. In the very unlikely event that you don’t get your 1st or 2nd choice, I will contact you via email to discuss possibilities, prior to the final allocation of games.
4. If you change your mind about coming to the event, please let the organiser (Newt) now via the contact form. This way I can free up your space in the game that you have chosen.
5. Please remember that there is a £2 fee, to help the venue cover costs, payable on the day.
Any questions? Get in touch.
Look forward to seeing you on the day!
System: 13th Age Glorantha
GM: Guy Milner
An unprovoked attack on an isolated village tells you what your shaman already knew – the poisoned Earth around Larnste’s Footprint is rising up. You will have to travel through the Fossil Woods, and evade the Chaos beasts therein, to steal the one thing Gagix Two-Barb and her Scorpionmen don’t want you to have- her Sting.
13th Age Glorantha mixes the narrative d20-ness of 13th Age with Greg Stafford’s Mythic world of Glorantha. This adventure is for 4th level adventurers – pregens provided.
No previous experience of 13th Age or Glorantha is required. There may be Ducks.
System: 13th Age Glorantha
GM: Newt Newport
Why is your adventurer going to Orlanth Heights?
Is it to visit the Puppet Troupe Shrine?
Perhaps you are a Troll checking out the rumours of a Lead Mine on this hillside?
Do you seek Sorcerer’s Tower that is built on its edge?
Or perhaps you just want to get to its vantage point and throw magic stones across the gorge at the fort of the hated Lunars.
There are many reasons to go to the sacred cliffside that is Orlanth Heights. In this 13th Age Glorantha adventure, you will explore them.
No experience of Glorantha or 13th Age required. This adventure is designed as a straightforward introduction to both setting and system.
Glorantha is a psychedelic mythological fantasy setting, with more in common with Ancient Bronze Age than the Medieval Period. For more information visit its dedicated web site.
13th Age is Jonathan Tweet’s (3rd Edition D&D ) and Rob Heinsoo’s (4th Edition D&D) love letter to D&D. As well as the familiar classes, levels, armour classes and hit points, it has many rulings that make it a more story focused narrative game.
13th Age Glorantha mixes the two together. Its probably the most accessible version of Glorantha produced, with a system familiar to D&D fans adapted to tap into Glorantha’s exciting themes, such as fighting chaos horrors and going on magical Hero Quests.
Produced by the fine people who publish Call of Cthulhu, Chaosium Inc, this review on the Gnome Stew blog gives a more comprehensive rundown of the game.